- Thu Aug 24 10:46 PM
• Arsenal midfielder has slipped down the pecking order • Wilshere recently sent off for Arsenal Under-23s against Manchester City Arsène Wenger has made it plain he is open to offers for Jack Wilshere
before the transfer deadline next Thursday. The Arsenal manager also suggested if Wilshere stay...
- Thu Aug 24 10:19 PM
Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United all look likely to reach the last 16 but Tottenham have been dealt a harsh hand with favourites Real Madrid Benfica, Basel, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow Related: PSG convinced Neymar signing opens the way to Champions League glory | Julien Lauren...
- Thu Aug 24 6:40 PM
Chelsea and Tottenham have been given tough assignments in the Champions League while Manchester United and Liverpool, both returning to the competition this year, may be somewhat relieved following the group stage draw on Thursday. Manchester City too will be looking to improve on last year’s ru...
- Thu Aug 24 6:02 PM
• Premier League champions to play Atlético Madrid, Roma and Qarabag • Tottenham will meet Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Apoel Chelsea and Tottenham have both been handed tricky draws in the group stages of this season’s Champions League, with the Premier League champions facing Atlético Mad...
- Thu Aug 24 3:39 PM
Champions League draw: who could the six British sides face? Email: email@example.com Tweet: @Simon_Burnton 3.39pm BST Hello world! So it might be handy to know who is in which pot for the Champions League draw. Even if it isn’t handy, it is something I can already tell you, so it’s g...
- Thu Aug 24 9:08 AM
Today’s babble really needs to start remembering its pin numbers As Barcelona continue their increasingly unseemly and as yet unsuccessful pursuit of one or all of Nice’s Jean Seri , Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembélé and Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho , Camp Nou natives are becoming ever more re...
- Thu Aug 24 12:47 AM
Tottenham and Liverpool may face the toughest draws from pot three, but seeded Chelsea could still end up with a daunting autumn fixture list With the qualifying stages complete, the Champions League truly begins with Thursday’s group stage draw, which takes place at 5pm BST in Monaco. For the fi...
- Wed Aug 23 1:43 PM
• Catalan side promoted to La Liga set to be added to CFG’s global portfolio • City may need to sell Mangala and Bony before making more signings Manchester City’s parent company, the City Football Group, is set to make Girona the sixth side of its growing portfolio, with a deal all but sealed fo...
- Wed Aug 23 11:46 AM
The sight of spellbound gawpers, paying up to £15k a season, watching John Stones paddle by raised plenty of ire and the question of just how far Premier League idiocy can go Sometimes you only want to hear one commentator on a certain subject, and which of us can truly rest till we have heard Ro...
- Wed Aug 23 11:01 AM
The Everton player, as well as Sergio Agüero, were involved in challenges that led to sending-offs, possibly through making them seem worse than they were, but still the FA’s new panel cannot make its first judgment What a disappointment. The Premier League season is only two matches old and alre...
- Tue Aug 22 12:33 PM
• Everton and Manchester City forwards involved in red-card incidents • FA intends to pursue charges only in clear cases of no contact Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Sergio Agüero will not face Football Association charges of simulation under new regulations for their involvement in incidents that led...
- Tue Aug 22 10:00 AM
’s thigh injury has opened up berth in Southgate’s squad and he must be impressed at how Rooney is back knocking in the goals for Everton Wayne Rooney
’s 200th Premier League goal was particularly sweet as it came before a Manchester City crowd who just love to detest the former Manche...
- Tue Aug 22 7:49 AM
Pep Guardiola cut a frustrated figure after watching his Manchester City side draw 1-1 with Everton in the Premier League on Monday. Guardiola refused to discuss the referee’s decision to send Kyle Walker off on his home debut for the club but praises his players for rescuing a point after Wayne...
- Mon Aug 21 11:50 PM
• Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola refuses to discuss Kyle Walker
dismissal • Wayne Rooney
expects chat with Gareth Southgate about England return Ronald Koeman suggested the referee, Bobby Madley, evened up his dismissal of Manchester City’s Kyle Walker
by also showing Everton’s Morgan Schneiderl...
- Mon Aug 21 10:54 PM
• Arsenal midfielder sees red along with City defender Tyreke Wilson • Wilshere in final year at club after Bournemouth loan and broken leg Jack Wilshere
was sent off after being involved in a mass brawl during the Arsenal under-23 match against Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium. Wilshere h...
- Mon Aug 21 10:03 PM
To the immense credit of Manchester City, there are not many other teams in the Premier League who could come up with this kind of feat of escapology from a position at half-time where they were not only trailing to Everton but playing with 10 men because of Kyle Walker’s red card towards the end...
- Mon Aug 21 7:14 PM
All the action from the Etihad Stadium Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tweet: @bglendenning 7.14pm BST Manchester City: Ederson, Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Walker, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus. Subs: Bravo, Danilo, Sterling, Mangala, Bernardo Silva, Toure, F...
- Mon Aug 21 2:00 PM
• Burnley agree £15m club record deal with Leeds for New Zealand striker • Arsenal duo Jenkinson and Bramhall complete Birmingham loan switch Burnley have signed striker Chris Wood from Leeds for a club-record fee believed to be £15m, the Premier League club have announced. The New Zealand intern...
- Sun Aug 20 10:30 PM
The manager has a wealth of forward talent at his disposal for Monday’s game against Everton but will need success to keep all his star players happy For the largest embarrassment of attacking riches in the Premier League’s 25-year history , look no further than Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City. A...
- Sun Aug 20 2:18 PM
• ‘If we get a clean sheet I don’t know if it will be a miracle’ • Everton’s strong defence face biggest test so far at Etihad Stadium Ronald Koeman has praised Everton’s resilient start to the season but admitted it may take a miraculous performance to keep another clean sheet at Manchester City...
- Sat Aug 19 10:30 PM
The City captain enters his 10th season at the club having seen plenty of changes but believes the long-term plan at the Etihad has secured a successful future Vincent Kompany
is entering his 10th season in England and, at 31, the Manchester City and Belgium captain happily admits he is no longer...
- Sat Aug 19 5:06 PM
Charlie Austin snatched a stoppage-time winner from the penalty spot as Southampton beat 10-man West Ham United. Austin sent Joe Hart
the wrong way as Mauricio Pellegrino clinched his first win as Southampton manager in dramatic crescendo. After going two goals behind, Javier Hernández had rolled...
- Fri Aug 18 10:30 PM
• West Brom rejected initial £18m bid with player keen on move • Guardiola has identified other options if fee cannot be agreed Manchester City will not be held to ransom over Jonny Evans
, with Pep Guardiola having identified other options at centre-back should West Bromwich Albion not agree with...
- Fri Aug 18 5:57 PM
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has paid tribute to the victims of the Barcelona terror attacks in his pre-match press conference Continue reading
- Fri Aug 18 5:06 PM
• Bronze nominated for FIFA women’s player of the year award • German forward Pauline Bremer moves in opposite direction as part of deal The England defender Lucy Bronze has left Manchester City Women to join the European champions Lyon after admitting she “needed a new challenge”. The 25-year-ol...