- Tue Aug 29 2:00 PM
Of all the football deals in all the world, what attracted Manchester City’s Abu Dhabi owner and executives to go into business with their manager Pep Guardiola’s brother and agent? Manchester City’s purchase of the La Liga club Girona last week combined a billionaire’s swagger with an uneasy imp...
- Tue Aug 29 10:31 AM
• City attempt to break Arsenal’s resolve to keep Chile forward • England winger Sterling understood to be open to move Manchester City have attempted to break the impasse over Alexis Sánchez by indicating that they would be prepared to include Raheem Sterling
in a deal. Sterling, who joined City...
- Tue Aug 29 9:24 AM
• Everton goalkeeper to miss games against Malta and Slovakia with injury • No replacement called up with Joe Hart
, Jack Butland
and Tom Heaton in squad Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has withdrawn from England’s World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Slovakia. The uncapped 23-year-old linked...
- Mon Aug 28 10:11 AM
Manchester City have found an innovative way to combat cliques but England’s Gareth Southgate will need more than feng shui to tackle his own problem The butt of much public mockery when Sky’s cameras captured assorted well-heeled corporate clients peering through its walls of two‑way glass last...
- Mon Aug 28 8:09 AM
Pep Guardiola learning from Raheem Sterling
, Frank de Boer needs time at Crystal Palace and Old Trafford atmosphere is not impressing José Mourinho After Raheem Sterling
again came to the fore, for the second time in six days, it was inevitable that Pep Guardiola would face questions about the in...
- Sun Aug 27 10:30 PM
• Goalkeeper highlights seven minutes of added time against Manchester City • Begovic would like to see investigation into officiating by authorities Asmir Begovic
has said he would welcome a high-level review into why the bigger teams in this country “always” have decisions go in their favour. T...
- Sun Aug 27 8:47 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Aug 26 10:50 PM
• Winger sees red at Bournemouth after celebrating late winner with City fans • Allegation Sergio Agüero assaulted a match-day steward has been withdrawn Pep Guardiola again fumed at the match officials as Manchester City had Raheem Sterling
sent off after he picked up a second yellow card for hi...
- Sat Aug 26 5:50 PM
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola said he didn’t know why Raheem Sterling
was sent off for celebrating with fans after his last minute goal at Bournemouth. For the second time this week Sterling rescued City, scoring an injury time winner on the south coast Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling
- Sat Aug 26 2:47 PM
In the seventh minute of added time, the Manchester City technical area exploded to life, as Raheem Sterling
wheeled away after earning the most priceless of three points on a picture-postcard afternoon at Bournemouth. His celebrations, as he jumped in to the travelling supporters earned him a se...
- Sat Aug 26 11:38 AM
Premier League updates from the 12.30pm BST game Big interview: Lewis Cook on winning the U-20 World Cup Feel free to email email@example.com 11.34am BST Bournemouth (3-5-2) Begovic; S Cook, Ake, Mings; A Smith, Gosling, Surman, Arter, Daniels; King, Defoe. Substitutes: Boruc, B Smith, Fr...
- Fri Aug 25 5:49 PM
Manchester City have beaten Bournemouth 15-1 on aggregate across their past four meetings, so a trip to the south coast seems the perfect match to remedy the wrongs of Monday night – when they rescued a draw against Everton. Bournemouth are point-less and yet to score in the league this season, a...
- Thu Aug 24 10:46 PM
• Arsenal midfielder has slipped down the pecking order • Wilshere recently sent off for Arsenal Under-23s against Manchester City Arsène Wenger has made it plain he is open to offers for Jack Wilshere
before the transfer deadline next Thursday. The Arsenal manager also suggested if Wilshere stay...
- Thu Aug 24 10:19 PM
Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United all look likely to reach the last 16 but Tottenham have been dealt a harsh hand with favourites Real Madrid Benfica, Basel, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow Related: PSG convinced Neymar signing opens the way to Champions League glory | Julien Lauren...
- Thu Aug 24 6:40 PM
Chelsea and Tottenham have been given tough assignments in the Champions League while Manchester United and Liverpool, both returning to the competition this year, may be somewhat relieved following the group stage draw on Thursday. Manchester City too will be looking to improve on last year’s ru...
- Thu Aug 24 6:02 PM
• Premier League champions to play Atlético Madrid, Roma and Qarabag • Tottenham will meet Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Apoel Chelsea and Tottenham have both been handed tricky draws in the group stages of this season’s Champions League, with the Premier League champions facing Atlético Mad...
- Thu Aug 24 3:39 PM
Champions League draw: who could the six British sides face? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tweet: @Simon_Burnton 3.39pm BST Hello world! So it might be handy to know who is in which pot for the Champions League draw. Even if it isn’t handy, it is something I can already tell you, so it’s g...
- Thu Aug 24 9:08 AM
Today’s babble really needs to start remembering its pin numbers As Barcelona continue their increasingly unseemly and as yet unsuccessful pursuit of one or all of Nice’s Jean Seri , Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembélé and Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho , Camp Nou natives are becoming ever more re...
- Thu Aug 24 12:47 AM
Tottenham and Liverpool may face the toughest draws from pot three, but seeded Chelsea could still end up with a daunting autumn fixture list With the qualifying stages complete, the Champions League truly begins with Thursday’s group stage draw, which takes place at 5pm BST in Monaco. For the fi...
- Wed Aug 23 1:43 PM
• Catalan side promoted to La Liga set to be added to CFG’s global portfolio • City may need to sell Mangala and Bony before making more signings Manchester City’s parent company, the City Football Group, is set to make Girona the sixth side of its growing portfolio, with a deal all but sealed fo...
- Wed Aug 23 11:46 AM
The sight of spellbound gawpers, paying up to £15k a season, watching John Stones paddle by raised plenty of ire and the question of just how far Premier League idiocy can go Sometimes you only want to hear one commentator on a certain subject, and which of us can truly rest till we have heard Ro...
- Wed Aug 23 11:01 AM
The Everton player, as well as Sergio Agüero, were involved in challenges that led to sending-offs, possibly through making them seem worse than they were, but still the FA’s new panel cannot make its first judgment What a disappointment. The Premier League season is only two matches old and alre...