- Wed Aug 9 10:40 PM
• Manager admits United are long way behind Spanish powerhouses • Mourinho says United will be humble on their return to Champions League José Mourinho has compared Manchester United’s struggle in the Champions League to having “a giant on our chest” before their return to the competition. United...
- Wed Aug 9 10:30 PM
• Striker to make Hammers debut at former home Old Trafford • Hernández won two Premier Leagues with Manchester United Javier Hernández will return to Old Trafford as a West Ham player on Sunday and says he feels “only happiness” towards the club that brought him to the Premier League seven years...
- Wed Aug 9 12:23 PM
Introduction of the big Belgian almost rescued the Super Cup final for Manchester United and showed why José Mourinho rates him so highly For a footballer who suffers a near-constant dose of over-the-top criticism, look no further than Marouane Fellaini
. For a man who handles this with dignity an...
- Wed Aug 9 10:00 AM
• Swedish striker continuing to rehabilitate from knee injury • Mourinho open to offering Ibrahimovic new deal once he recovers Zlatan Ibrahimovic has made his mind up and is keen to rejoin Manchester United this season. The Sweden striker is continuing his rehabilitation programme after the cruc...
- Tue Aug 8 11:56 PM
• United manager admits Wales star wants to stay at Real Madrid • Madrid claim Super Cup with 2-1 victory over Mourinho’s men José Mourinho admitted it is “game over” regarding Manchester United’s hopes of signing Gareth Bale
, following the 2-1 defeat by Real Madrid in Tuesday night’s Uefa Super...
- Tue Aug 8 10:03 PM
• Real Madrid 2-1 Manchester United • Casemiro 24, Isco 52 | Lukaku 62 Manchester United were beaten but can take some credit for making Real Madrid fight until the end and, following Nemanja Matic’s fine performance, will hope real quality has been added to the midfield. As it was, Madrid claime...
- Tue Aug 8 7:06 PM
European champions meet the Europa League winners in Skopje Mourinho plays the humble one before facing Real Madrid again And mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @NickAmes82 7.06pm BST This match is, of course, being held in Skopje, Macedonia. It’s arguably a bigger occasion for Skopje...
- Tue Aug 8 8:30 AM
• ‘Europa League is very hard to win but top quality is Champions League’ • Real are team everyone wants to beat, says Juan Mata
before Super Cup José Mourinho was in deferential mood again when discussing Manchester United’s quality compared with Real Madrid, saying the Europa League is very dif...
- Tue Aug 8 8:24 AM
Today’s rumours are having visa issues Under normal circumstances, even for a good (sometimes very good) defender, a crocked player would ease himself back into pre-season, hoping to impress his manager and win his place back in the side, hoping that his value/future earnings hadn’t diminished to...
- Mon Aug 7 5:15 PM
• Manchester United face Real Madrid in European Super Cup final on Tuesday • ‘If he’s not selected, I will try to be waiting for him on the other side’ José Mourinho has said he will “fight” for Gareth Bale
’s signature if Real Madrid do not want him, with the Portuguese predicting that the forwa...
- Mon Aug 7 1:00 PM
José Mourinho has spent lavishly again this summer to create a big, powerful side equipped for the title race – yet Manchester United must buy again Guardian writers’ predicted position 3rd (NB: this is not necessarily Jamie Jackson’s prediction but the average of our writers’ tips) Last season’s...
- Mon Aug 7 10:32 AM
• Manchester United defender to have medical ahead of move • Barcelona interested in signing Jean Michaël Seri from Nice Timothy Fosu-Mensah is set to join Crystal Palace on a season-long loan from Manchester United, with the defender due for medical on Monday. Frank de Boer has been searching fo...
- Mon Aug 7 8:33 AM
Today’s fluff is letting it all soak in Having been repeatedly linked with a move to Manchester United that Real Madrid insisted would not happen, Gareth Bale could end up at Chelsea if Antonio Conte gets his way. Reports from the Spanish capital suggest that if Real land Monaco striker Kylian Mb...
- Mon Aug 7 8:20 AM
Before last season, the leading narrative was that of a Manchester divided – two huge personalities with plenty of baggage and history, taking charge of two of England’s biggest clubs, just a couple of miles apart. By their lofty standards, both City and United had disappointing seasons, but with...
- Sun Aug 6 9:44 AM
Fans have their say on key players, weak leaks and summer spending – and make their predictions for the season ahead • Part one: Arsenal to Liverpool This should be our year. Given the money Pep has spent and the overwhelming quality in our squad, anything other than a proper title challenge will...
- Sat Aug 5 10:00 PM
The former Manchester United and Tottenham striker’s desire to make a difference has led him down an usual path after hanging up his boots It is inevitable, yet so many footballers seem unprepared for it. The end of a player’s career is a key moment – a huge change – and how he deals with it will...
- Sat Aug 5 8:00 PM
• Club tell forward they will not try to buy Kylian Mbappé until next summer • Manchester United continue to have an interest in Inter’s Ivan Perisic Gareth Bale
has been assured he is the future of Real Madrid and they will not try to buy Monaco’s Kylian Mbappé until next summer in a move that w...
- Sat Aug 5 1:39 PM
United and City will both expect far better for Manchester this season while Premier League champions Chelsea hope Morata’s goals can retain their crown After Antonio Conte led Chelsea to their fifth Premier League crown in his first campaign, Pep Guardiola and José Mourinho embark on a defining...
- Fri Aug 4 2:16 PM
Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata
has called on footballers to join him in pledging 1% of their salaries to a Common Goal, a collective fund that supports football charities around the world. Following a recent visit to Mumbai, Mata is now looking to assemble a ‘Starting XI’ of likeminded pl...
- Fri Aug 4 1:32 PM
The Manchester United and Spain midfielder wants to make it normal for all players to donate part of their salaries – with the ultimate goal being 1% of everything that football generates going into a central charitable fund Juan Mata
is putting together his starting XI. He is in there and there...