- Mon Jul 17 10:30 PM
• Old Trafford post on offer after retirement despite player joining Everton • Rooney is club’s record goalscorer and still viewed as an ideal ambassador Wayne Rooney
still has the offer of an ambassadorial role at Manchester United on retirement despite having left the club for Everton. When sig...
- Sun Jul 16 10:30 PM
• New captain says forward must adjust quickly to scrutiny at Old Trafford • ‘Winning the league has got to be this season’s aim. We have to challenge’ Romelu Lukaku
faces a challenge to adjust to the demands of playing for Manchester United, according to the club’s new captain, Michael Carrick
- Sun Jul 16 5:51 AM
Post-Rooney era starts with a win LA Galaxy 2-5 Manchester United Manchester United’s post-Wayne Rooney
era began with Jose Mourinho fielding a rarely deployed 3-5-1-1 and the £75m man Romelu Lukaku
waiting until the second half for his debut . United’s No9 did not register but he did not look ou...
- Sun Jul 16 2:31 AM
José Mourinho’s side start their US tour in southern California Email email@example.com or tweet @KidWeil 2.31am BST Manchester United United are at home in the US. One of the first European teams to seriously target the US as a market is still one of the commercial leaders as the gam...
- Fri Jul 14 10:58 PM
• Mourinho says he is ‘open’ to new deal for injured Zlatan Ibrahimovic • Manchester United manager guarded over adding Nemanja Matic to squad José Mourinho has admitted re-signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic is an option, with the Manchester United manager also refusing to rule out a move for Chelsea’s N...
- Fri Jul 14 6:10 PM
Manchester United’s manager has always believed a good big’un will usually beat a good little’un and is set on building another side to those specifications Here’s a semi-interesting football stat, at a time when semi-interesting football stats are in short supply. If Manchester United were to wi...
- Thu Jul 13 10:29 PM
• United determined to reject bid for 26-year-old goalkeeper • Spanish club attempted to sign De Gea two years ago Manchester United expect David de Gea
to be the subject of another Real Madrid bid this summer despite their determined stance that the goalkeeper will not be sold. Real are aware of...
- Thu Jul 13 3:00 PM
The USA’s most capped player says going home to become director of football at the fourth-tier City of Angels FC ‘was a no-brainer’ Cobi Jones has no hesitation when asked why the United States’ most capped player would become the director of football at City of Angels FC, a fourth‑tier club foun...
- Thu Jul 13 12:01 AM
Lukaku can fulfil two vital roles in a Mourinho side: holding up the ball and threatening on the counterattack in the manner of Didier Drogba As a coup de théâtre, Manchester United’s swoop for Romelu Lukaku
was rather magnificent. A much-needed striker was acquired, Wayne Rooney was offloaded an...
- Wed Jul 12 10:38 PM
• Januzaj, 22, signs five-year contract after agreeing £9.8m move • United are understood to have inserted a buy-back clause into deal Real Sociedad have signed the Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj for a reported fee of £9.8m. United have installed a buy-back clause in the deal for the 22-y...
- Wed Jul 12 10:29 PM
• Manchester United manager heavily critical of left-back at times last season • Shaw still weeks away from fitness as United prepare to face LA Galaxy Luke Shaw
will be given the chance to establish himself as Manchester United’s first-choice left-back, with José Mourinho impressed by the defend...
- Tue Jul 11 10:30 PM
• José Mourinho wants Croat to increase attacking options • Perisic may be asked to join United’s tour in the US Manchester United will try to sign Ivan Perisic before Internazionale fly to China for their pre-season tour next Tuesday, with the forward valued at around €55m (£49m). It is understo...
- Tue Jul 11 10:30 PM
• United prepared to more than double Eric Dier’s wages in new £50m bid • Tottenham keen to keep midfielder but prepared to sell Kyle Walker
Eric Dier is open to the prospect of a move to Manchester United and the club are pushing hard to make it happen, despite the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Da...
- Tue Jul 11 3:31 PM
admits that once he knew there was interest in him from Manchester United he could not say no to the move. Speaking from United’s pre-season training camp in Los Angeles, Lukaku says ‘the way that the club is always hungry to win trophies’ was another factor in his decision to join...
- Tue Jul 11 8:44 AM
Today’s rumours are shorthanded With White Hart Lane closed for renovations, Tottenham Hotspur have had second thoughts about hosting matches at Wembley for a season and are thinking instead about taking a sabbatical from football. Untrustworthy sources say there is listless debate within the clu...