- Wed Jul 26 11:49 PM
European rivals meet at FedExField in International Champions Cup Email email@example.com or tweet @pfconnolly 11.49pm BST Good evening folks, welcome to this live blog of tonight’s Barcelona v Manchester United friendly being played at FedEx Field in Maryland, USA. As with all...
- Wed Jul 26 10:30 PM
• Scott McTominay and Demi Mitchell among players tipped for regular action • Manager defends record: ‘When the kids are good, there is no problem’ José Mourinho predicts Scott McTominay and Demi Mitchell are among a batch of “half a dozen” home-grown Manchester United players who could become fi...
- Wed Jul 26 2:55 PM
• Manager says Barkley ‘is not in Everton’s future’ and will be sold • Midfielder has confirmed he will not sign new contract, Koeman says Ross Barkley
has signalled the end of his Everton career by informing Ronald Koeman that he will not sign a new contract and “is looking for a new challenge”....
- Wed Jul 26 2:01 PM
Mauricio Pochettino has bucked the trend by not adding to his Tottenham squad but the rest of the top clubs have plenty of spending left in them yet As well as this summer being remembered for the transfer window in which just about every Premier League club tried to break their own spending reco...
- Wed Jul 26 1:05 PM
Manchester United manager José Mourinho has said that he would like two more players for his squad but believes that, with the current market, he is more likely to sign just one. Mourinho, talking before a pre-season friendly match against Barcelona, thinks his squad is lacking a midfielder and a...
- Wed Jul 26 9:22 AM
It may not even be the Southampton player’s best goal but great goals are like great records: they capture their own time perfectly The move leading up to Matt Le Tissier’s skip and jink and dreamy little chip over Peter Schmeichel for Southampton against Manchester United in October 1996 emerges...
- Tue Jul 25 10:30 PM
• ‘They have kept hold of the players they wanted to keep’ • Manchester United manager claims his side are ‘not big candidates’ José Mourinho has identified Tottenham as strong rivals to win the Premier League title next season and compared his challenge at Manchester United to the one he faced p...
- Tue Jul 25 10:30 PM
Manchester United manager believes midfielder’s three finals in Europe and relationship with club will mean he has ‘fantastic role to play’ next season On a sunny morning at Georgetown University José Mourinho is discussing why Paul Pogba can be Manchester United’s driving force in the Champions...
- Mon Jul 24 9:55 PM
• Former Manchester United striker signs three-year deal • Federico Bernardeschi moves to Juventus from Fiorentina West Ham have completed the signing of Javier Hernández from Bayer Leverkusen for £16m. The 29-year-old former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker has signed a three-year contr...
- Mon Jul 24 9:08 AM
The Frenchman was the enigma who exploded the doubt at Manchester United, his arrival from Leeds sparking their first title win for 26 years and a sustained run of success under Sir Alex Ferguson We can’t be putting Tina Turner on for just any old hero, nor merely for the most skilful. And the to...
- Mon Jul 24 12:43 AM
Manchester United 1-1 Real Madrid (United win 2-1 on penalties) Ander Herrera causes concern after limping off with injury Despite Julia Roberts, an Oscar-winning member of Hollywood royalty, “measuring her excitement” beforehand , there was an under-capacity turnout for this International Champi...
- Sun Jul 23 10:30 PM
• Armenian forward believes last year’s troubles will drive him on • Mkhitaryan says he is ready to play wherever Mourinho decides Henrikh Mkhitaryan has no regrets at joining Manchester United despite having to deal with accusations he is not the same footballer he was at his former club, Boruss...
- Sun Jul 23 9:21 PM
faces more team in Santa Clara, California José Mourinho guarantees David de Gea is staying at Old Trafford Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @KidWeil 9.21pm BST Preamble If you like football, you’ll love a “summer of football”. Like football, but sweatier, and with m...
- Sun Jul 23 3:11 AM
United’s managers says he is ‘100%’ certain De Gea is not leaving for Real Madrid or any other club Jose Mourinho has guaranteed “100%” that David De Gea
will not be sold by Manchester United to Real Madrid or any other club for the coming season. The manager was speaking in California’s Palo Alt...
- Sat Jul 22 10:30 PM
• United believe Real Madrid are preparing bid for De Gea • Ander Herrera: ‘He is a goalkeeper who can give you points’ Ander Herrera says it is vital that Manchester United do not sell David de Gea
as the Spaniard believes his countryman’s departure to Real Madrid would dent the club’s title pro...
- Sat Jul 22 11:53 AM
• José Mourinho frustrated in pursuit of Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier • United confident of closing a deal for Matic, with a fee of £50m mooted Manchester United are confident of closing a deal for Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic after hitting a wall in their efforts to take Eric Dier from Tottenham Ho...
- Fri Jul 21 10:30 PM
• Lukaku has scored in Manchester United’s last two US tour matches • ‘He has his way of playing. He’s a big physical guy and that can be awesome’ Romelu Lukaku
should not be compared to Lionel Messi but will be a highly successful signing for Manchester United, according to Kevin De Bruyne, his...
- Fri Jul 21 10:03 AM
Manchester United manager José Mourinho says he is satisfied with his side’s 2-0 win in the pre-season meeting with Manchester City on Thursday night in Houston. Goals from Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford sealed the victory for United in the first Manchester derby to be played on foreign soil....
- Fri Jul 21 5:06 AM
Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City in Houston Romelu Lukaku
scores in front of 67, 401 American fans The latest edition of a fixture first played in 1881 was the story of an unimpressive debut from Ederson, the £34.69m-priced goalkeeper, who was culpable for each of Manchester United’s strikes...
- Fri Jul 21 1:20 AM
Premier League rivals face each other in pre-season match in Houston Man City among clubs accused by Monaco of tapping up Mbappé Man City’s £44.5m bid for Mendy rejected by Monaco Email email@example.com or tweet @BryanAGraham 11.13pm BST Bryan will be here shortly, in the meantime her...
- Thu Jul 20 8:28 AM
Today’s fluff is wallowing in it Earlier this month Renato Sanches apologised for posting a video on social media of himself counting a huge wad of cash. It had been “tasteless” and “thoughtless”, admitted the 19-year-old midfielder after many people offered similar criticisms. The Mill isn’t goi...
- Thu Jul 20 3:24 AM
José Mourinho says Manchester United have acquired a top player in Romelu Lukaku
, but the £75m striker still has to prove himself in big games José Mourinho says Manchester United have acquired a top player in Romelu Lukaku
but the manager admits the striker still has to prove himself at the high...