- Sun Jun 4 10:30 PM
• Wales international says he is ‘happy’ where he is ‘winning trophies’ • Comes after he earns third Champions League winners’ medal Gareth Bale
has insisted that he has no intention of leaving Real Madrid this summer amid speculation that Manchester United may attempt to sign the Wales internati...
- Sun Jun 4 6:06 PM
• Midfielder offered his condolences to victims of recent terror attacks • Wayne Rooney
may have made final appearance for Manchester United Michael Carrick
paid tribute to the Old Trafford crowd for supporting his testimonial but his Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney
may have bid farewell...
- Sun Jun 4 12:00 PM
A lot has changed for England in the past year and a tricky trip to Hampden Park for a World Cup qualifier offers Marcus Rashford and company a chance to shine Despite Saturday night’s showpiece in Cardiff, the season is not quite over yet. A round of internationals can be found tagged on almost...
- Sun Jun 4 11:44 AM
• France forward commits future to Spanish club after transfer ban • Griezmann has been linked with move to Manchester United Antoine Griezmann has pledged his immediate future to Atlético Madrid, saying it would be a “dirty move” to leave the club after their transfer ban was upheld. The 26-year...
- Sun Jun 4 6:00 AM
It’s 1969, and a starstruck schoolboy catches a glimpse of the absurdly talented footballer and his Danish fiancee The swinging 60s never really caught on at King James’s grammar school in Knaresborough (founded 1616). Here the school song was a hymn of praise to obedience. Loyalty to house, scho...
- Sat Jun 3 11:01 AM
Premier League sides have been struggling to impose themselves in Europe in recent years because the domestic competition is seen as an obstacle to success Next season, assuming Liverpool can negotiate the play-off round, there will be five English clubs in the Champions League. That is a large n...
- Thu Jun 1 3:45 PM
Arsenal need a midfielder, Everton should consider Jordan Pickford, Manchester City should invest in Alex Sandro
and West Ham should sign Jermain Defoe By Martin Laurence for WhoScored? , part of the Guardian Sport Network The fact Arsenal need reinforcements in central midfield every summer show...
- Thu Jun 1 1:00 PM
• Club will not attempt to sign French forward this summer • Atlético transfer ban is upheld, which may make it difficult to keep him Manchester United have cooled their interest in Antoine Griezmann, with the Europa League winners prioritising a striker rather than a No10 this summer. Zlatan Ibr...
- Thu Jun 1 9:57 AM
The 2015-16 accounts of all top-flight clubs and what the figures say about their health. Manchester United lead the way with a £515m income and £49m profit Financial figures for 2015-16, for the 20 clubs which were in the Premier League during 2015-16. All details from the most recently publishe...
- Thu Jun 1 9:19 AM
Today’s tell-all is all about the bass, the bass, the bass The modest sum of £160m is the potential cost of Real Madrid’s classic summer “double-swoop” for the Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard
and the Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea . Currently preoccupied with preparations for what promis...
- Wed May 31 10:30 PM
• Manchester United biggest earners in 2015-16 with £515m • Clubs wage bill hits £2.25bn but remains sustainable 61% of income The 20 Premier League clubs earned record income of £3.649bn in the last year before the more lucrative TV deal began, a Guardian analysis has revealed. The financial sta...
- Tue May 30 10:30 PM
• FA suspects Manchester United have withheld sports science information • United concerned other clubs will see requested data on their players The Football Association suspects Manchester United have withheld key information about their England internationals because José Mourinho and his staff...
- Tue May 30 10:30 PM
• United’s stance is to not allow sale of players they wish to keep • Champions League football could help tempt Griezmann to Old Trafford Manchester United have no intention of selling David de Gea, despite Real Madrid’s interest, because the goalkeeper is not seeking a move and the stance at Ol...
- Tue May 30 5:27 PM
England manager Gareth Southgate says he has ‘no idea’ whether Wayne Rooney
will stay at Manchester United next season or leave the club over the summer. Speaking on Tuesday, Southgate does not rule out a return to international football for Rooney but suggests that England’s all-time leading sco...
- Tue May 30 3:15 PM
Chief constable Ian Hopkins ‘fairly confident’ that the singer’s benefit concert for the victims of the Manchester Arena bombing can go ahead Ariana Grande is in talks with Greater Manchester police to return to the city to perform a benefit concert this Sunday (4 June), the police have revealed....