- Thu Oct 5 10:10 AM
Today’s rumours are never knowingly undersold No, in no way did someone forget to rota someone on for today’s Mill, meaning today’s heap of tittle-tattle is even more hastily presented than usual. Not at all. “I would never say no or yes.” That’s right, it’s a definitive, cast-iron Harry Kane com...
- Wed Oct 4 10:30 PM
• Oxlade-Chamberlain expected to play off right flank against Slovenia • Sterling, Rashford and Kane to start together for England for first time Raheem Sterling
will return to England’s starting lineup for the qualifier against Slovenia on Thursday, operating in the No10 position, with Alex Oxla...
- Wed Oct 4 8:39 AM
Today’s tittle-tattle is all set for winter Ask any West Bromwich Albion fan old enough to remember Laurie Cunningham, or a Liverpool supporter able to rationally discuss the career of Michael Owen without flying spectacularly off the handle: the problem with having a world-class talent in your r...
- Tue Oct 3 10:59 PM
• Striker could be excused World Cup duty against Lithuania • Rashford’s absence dependent on England beating Slovenia Manchester United are hopeful Marcus Rashford will be spared involvement in England’s match against Lithuania on Sunday if World Cup qualification has already been secured. Victo...
- Tue Oct 3 9:24 AM
Today’s fluff was raised on promises Mesut Özil is for sale, the Mirror exclusively reveal, though the first sentence of their story containing this news sounds disappointingly equivocal, announcing only that “Arsenal could be ready to cash in” on the German, just months before his contract expir...
- Mon Oct 2 10:30 PM
The Manchester United teenager has let nothing faze him in a remarkable two years and helping the country to a World Cup is next on his agenda As Marcus Rashford stretched out his limbs on one of the white leather seats at St George’s Park, the great young hope of English football stopped for a m...
- Mon Oct 2 8:03 PM
• 21-year-old Tottenham midfielder called into squad for first time • FA: Thursday’s qualifer at Wembley will go ahead despite tube strike Gareth Southgate has called up Harry Winks for the first time after losing Fabian Delph
and Phil Jones
to injury for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers agai...
- Mon Oct 2 8:33 AM
Everton’s defence has gone walkabout, Swansea and Southampton are serving up stodgy fare and Antonio Conte may rue being in a tougher league than Serie A Chris Hughton, the Brighton & Hove Albion manager, said it all when he highlighted how his team had not been “out of sight” against Arsenal, ju...
- Sun Oct 1 10:29 PM
• ‘We never miss the players who are injured; it’s a moment for others to step in’ • Juan Mata
lauds side’s greater efficiency and Romelu Lukaku
’s contribution José Mourinho said he has complete trust in all of his Manchester United players after his side crushed Crystal Palace 4-0 for a fifth co...
- Sun Oct 1 7:03 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Oct 1 6:09 PM
• Dutchman says players are working hard and results will come • Wayne Rooney
‘accepted’ being demoted to substitutes’ bench Ronald Koeman claimed his future as Everton manager should not be questioned despite his expensively-assembled side suffering a fifth defeat in eight matches with the 1-0 h...
- Sat Sep 30 7:13 PM
• ‘We are attempting to respond and not stay on the canvas’ • José Mourinho hails Marouane Fellaini
after Manchester United’s 4-0 win Roy Hodgson chose a boxing analogy to describe his side’s latest thumping in Manchester, inevitably inviting the observation that in a real ringfight the referee w...
- Sat Sep 30 6:44 PM
Following their 4-0 defeat at Old Trafford, Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson likened his side to a boxer fighting in a different weight class to the likes of the two Manchester sides. He went on to suggest that the start to the season may end up as the start of an important learning process for...
- Sat Sep 30 5:15 PM
The only good news for Roy Hodgson was that his second visit to Manchester in a week did not result in another 5-0 scoreline . It could have done, but Manchester United were not exactly going flat out here. There was simply no need. That is the bad news for stricken Crystal Palace. There is so mu...
- Sat Sep 30 1:45 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the Saturday 3pm (UK time) kick-offs Live scores: all the goals from the games around the UK and Europe Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Tweet @ Simon_Burnton 10.42am BST Hello world! So another busy Saturday afternoon awaits. Goals, excitement, intrigue – we’re...