- Fri Feb 23 5:09 PM
David Moyes has never won in 14 visits to Anfield as manager, losing seven and drawing seven, and his prospects of guiding West Ham to back-to-back league victories for the first time since December 2016 appear slim given the sensational form of Liverpool’s forwards, fresh from a warm-weather tra...
- Mon Feb 12 7:56 AM
Roberto Firmino is underrated no longer, Jonjo Shelvey
’s calmness is key and Alexandre Lacazette is lacking confidence The Recap: sign up for the best of our sport coverage Let’s call it the Denis Irwin rule, the dictum that when a player is described as underrated so often then it’s probably no...
- Sun Feb 11 10:30 PM
• Manager will have a bigger say in future West Ham signings • ‘The chairman is going to try to stand aside a bit from it’ David Moyes has said that David Sullivan will have less influence over new signings when West Ham United revamp their transfer strategy in the summer. Related: Javier Hernánd...
- Sun Feb 11 10:08 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography Continue reading
- Sat Feb 10 5:12 PM
A semblance of calm has been restored. Instead of directing jeers at the people in the posh seats, the crowd at the London Stadium kept their focus on the pitch throughout, pushing West Ham United to a crucial victory and giving Marko Arnautovic a standing ovation after his late substitution. Arn...
- Fri Feb 9 12:41 PM
Watford will be full of confidence after walloping Chelsea on Monday night. Javi Gracia is settling in nicely after replacing Marco Silva and Watford visit a West Ham side who are three points above the bottom three after last weekend’s defeat at Brighton. David Moyes desperately needs his player...
- Wed Feb 7 6:15 PM
The 36-year-old former France captain, who looks in fine shape and has a point to prove after his ban for kicking a fan, faces a big job to lift an ageing West Ham defence It should probably surprise no one that West Ham have signed Patrice Evra
. After all, they have previous when it comes to ta...
- Tue Feb 6 7:22 PM
• France defender is a free agent after leaving Marseille in November • West Ham say talks over David Moyes’ future set for summer West Ham are exploring the possibility of signing former France captain Patrice Evra
on a free transfer as David Moyes attempts to reinforce his defensive options. Th...
- Mon Feb 5 8:41 AM
Sam Allardyce looks to next season, Swansea find belief under Carlos Carvalhal and Liverpool’s defence worthy of praise Get The Recap, the best of the Guardian’s sport coverage Liverpool’s oft-maligned defence deserved a little credit here. For almost the entire game they kept Spurs at bay, with...
- Sun Feb 4 10:05 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Feb 3 5:18 PM
It had already been a bad week for West Ham United, featuring yet another disappointing end to a transfer window and the dismissal of their head of player recruitment following his remarks about African footballers, and it was difficult to think of any positives once it was all over for this deep...
- Sat Feb 3 2:00 PM
Premier League updates and further afield Follow the goals as they go in around Europe The Recap: sign up for the best of our coverage And you can email Rob here with your musings 1.58pm GMT Manchester City are on course to move 18 points clear at the top of the table. Scott Murray has the latest...
- Fri Feb 2 4:44 PM
• David Moyes: ‘West Ham are a multinational club’ • ‘We want to buy the best and it doesn’t matter where they’re from’ David Moyes has said there is no policy at West Ham United against signing African players and that the club had tried to bring in two on deadline day. West Ham have been under...
- Fri Feb 2 2:38 PM
Brighton have only claimed victory three times at home this season and their position is beginning to look complicated. The visit of West Ham, blighted by injury and off-field problems, looks like a good opportunity to end their six-match winless run. Record signing Jürgen Locadia is not ready fo...
- Thu Feb 1 12:28 PM
A hectic January transfer window closed on Wednesday night – our writers look at all the 20 Premier League clubs and how their business unfolded A hectic transfer window closed on Wednesday night – amid seven Premier League games – with several clubs able to conclude deals on deadline day. Premie...
- Thu Feb 1 9:17 AM
• Henry allegedly told agents club do not want to sign African players • West Ham say they will carry out ‘thorough investigation’ West Ham have suspended Tony Henry, “pending a full and thorough investigation” after the club’s director of player recruitment was reportedly accused of racism and u...
- Thu Feb 1 12:25 AM
• Anderlecht refuse to sell midfielder Leander Dendoncker • Tony Henry alleged to avoid African players for ‘bad attitude’ West Ham United’s deadline day ended in acrimony and frustration after their director of player recruitment was reportedly accused of racism and unlawful discrimination, and...
- Wed Jan 31 8:29 AM
Today’s whispers are very, very important Oh you didn’t know? It’s the most wonderful time of the year . From slamming windows to tinted windows, war chests, bargain bins and has beens, transfer deadline day really is one like no other. What other event would inspire the Guardian’s football edito...
- Tue Jan 30 9:47 PM
Although it is impossible to argue with the assertion that West Ham United are crying out for reinforcements before the transfer window closes tonight, at least this gritty performance provided more evidence that David Moyes is capable of inspiring them to battle against adversity. A point was a...
- Mon Jan 29 1:09 PM
• Defender was sent off for spitting at Wigan’s Nick Powell
• Six-game suspension adds to Hammers’ personnel crisis The West Ham defender Arthur Masuaku has been banned for six games by the Football Association for spitting at the Wigan midfielder Nick Powell
. The Hammers left-back apologised aft...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...
- Sun Jan 28 10:29 PM
• ‘There is no fear, ’ says League One side’s match-winner • West Ham’s woes compounded by injuries and suspension Paul Cook’s expressed desire for an FA Cup fifth-round tie against Liverpool at Anfield was wiped out within hours of his Wigan side eliminating West Ham, though there are still plen...
- Sun Jan 28 8:13 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round matches Continue reading
- Sat Jan 27 5:06 PM
Only the two Manchester clubs have won more games than Wigan Athletic this season, though the home players were looking forward to this match because it came without the pressure of being expected to deliver. The Latics certainly began in relaxed fashion, having named his strongest side Paul Cook...
- Fri Jan 26 7:22 PM
All the news and match previews for this weekend’s FA Cup fourth-round matches If Manchester City are to complete the quadruple they will have to get past a team whose form has been somewhat mixed in recent weeks. Cardiff are undefeated in four games having lost their previous four games, but wit...
- Fri Jan 26 6:17 PM
Winning the FA Cup in 2013 final seems a long time ago but Wigan are back to their giantkilling exploits and have West Ham in their sights When Wigan Athletic won 3-1 at Plymouth to go five points clear at the top of League One last Saturday, Argyle’s manager, Derek Adams, described them as a Cha...
- Fri Jan 26 4:54 PM
• Brazilian is not cup-tied for the Champions League • Moura had talks with Mauricio Pochettino on Thursday Tottenham Hotspur believe a January deal for the Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura is theirs for the taking. The £25m-rated Brazilian visited the club’s training ground in Enfield on T...
- Thu Jan 25 5:15 PM
• Norwich are likely to demand a bigger fee for their prized asset • Maddison has scored seven goals in the Championship this term West Ham United have made a £12m bid for Norwich City’s talented midfielder James Maddison. David Moyes watched the 21-year-old at Stamford Bridge last week as Norwic...
- Wed Jan 24 9:43 AM
• West Ham pursuing midfielder after losing Manuel Lanzini to injury • Club willing to pay wages in full but want compromise over loan fee West Ham are in talks with Internazionale over signing the midfielder João Mário on loan after losing Manuel Lanzini for six weeks to injury. Lanzini has rupt...
- Mon Jan 22 5:43 PM
• Manuel Lanzini also could be out for weeks with hamstring injury • David Moyes to reassess transfer targets, including Jonjo Shelvey
West Ham United will be without Andy Carroll
for three months after the striker underwent surgery on a foot injury and fear Manuel Lanzini could be absent until t...